Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Trip to silicon valley

I went back to silicon valley after few years.I worked in silicon valley for Microsoft from June 2001 to Sep 2003. Silicon valley has diverse group of companies and friends who challenges every product that you are developing. After moving to Redmond,WA, life is more monotonous and most of folks that i meet are working for Microsoft. The conversation always starts or ends with microsoft mostly about great products. In my personal opinion i do believe that views are mostly biased on microsoft and the views are very limited since everyone works for same company. i enjoyed the diversity in bay area and i miss the diversity here in redmond.

I do enjoy living in redmond , meeting other smart people in this area. I also like exploring the hiking places in cascades mountain. Going back to silicon valley in May 2008, most of my view towards silicon valley remain unchanged, but my friends have moved on with their life. Most have kids and i am not sure if i move back to silicon valley today , i would have the same great time with friends. i also don't hear much about new startup companies and breakthrough technology in bay area, may be everyone playing it low due to down time in real estate , economy due to gas etc.

No comments: